Monday, July 4, 2016

Heading Home

I have mentioned a couple times that I have a very exciting vacation coming up. We are going to Poland!

Poland is where I was born and with the exception of my immediate family, the rest of my family members all live there. I moved to Canada when I was 6 years old and still remember a lot from before my big move. I speak, read, and write in Polish fluently. 

I love going home to visit my family members and friends. My relationship with them means so much to me and I miss them like crazy on a daily basis. We try to Skype, text, and email was much as possible but that's obviously not the same. 

The last time we went to Poland was two years ago and it was the first time I took Mike with me. I had a great time introducing him to everyone and showing him around. I have so many wonderful memories from when I lived there and when I used to visit for entire summers.  

This time we will have even more time to explore the country and spend time with my family. We stay with my grandparents and I love that I get to spend a lot of time with them. My favourite things to do in Poland is to just do the normal, everyday things with them. Cook, play cards, and spend lots of time chatting. 

As you may guess, I will be making family time a priority for the next little while. The blog will take a little bit of a backseat for a bit but I have some fun posts planned. 











10 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time! I know you will make some great memories, and this time with your grandparents is especially precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't tell you to have a wonderful time cuz I know that you are (see Snapchat - ha!). So, does Mike know some Polish or does your family also know English?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving all of your snaps from Poland! It looks like you're having the best time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you, enjoy your trip. We'll still be here when you get back :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, how much fun are you going to have?! I cannot wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy yourself. I can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I read the title, I thought you meant your trip was done but then I realized, you were headed HOME!!! Goodness, silly me. Hope you have the BEST BEST BEST trip! Can't wait to hear all about it. Enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have the very best time! I can't wait to hear all about it! We'll all be waiting for you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are having an AMAZING time!! Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete