Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Weekending

Good morning and happy Tuesday! It was a long weekend over here in Canadaland. For me it was a good combination of busy and relaxing with a huge dose of family time. My favourite. I am ready to tackle the week ahead but not without a recap of the weekend's ongoings first!

On Friday, Mike had a softball game in the evening. My mom, brother, and I went to cheer him on and it was a lovely night!



Friday was also my brother's 11th birthday and we spent all of Saturday celebrating. I'll go into more detail tomorrow because it was such a fun jam-packed day and definitely deserves it's own post.

On Sunday, we drove to Buffalo to catch a Bisons game with Mike's dad. The Bisons are the minor league team of the Toronto Blue Jays and there are definitely a lot of Canadians in those seats! They take the Canadian dollar at par so I think the team is definitely making it more appealing for us to cross over. It was a beautiful sunny day and I managed to get get my first sunburn of the year. They played the Pawtucket Red Sox and won on an exciting walkoff single!




After the game, we were invited to Mike's cousins' house for a little backyard gathering. They have spent the past year renovating their backyard and it's coming along beautifully! I am absolutely in love with the space and would love to have something similar one day! It was their daughters' birthdays (born on the same day, two years apart!) and our friend was also visiting from England so it was so fun to catch up with him and celebrate.



We also had Monday off for Victoria Day (aka May Two Four long weekend) and spent the day at home after a very busy last three days. There were a lot of chores that desperately needed to be done, afterwhich we passed out on the couch for some TV time.

I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend and I'll sign off with a little inspiration. This week's Quote of the Week is about diversity. I think it is so important to embrace other cultures and people's differences. Everyone is unique and I think that's a wonderful thing!


------
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 

19 comments:

  1. What a fun filled weekend! That backyard is definitely a dream-- those beams & lights & fireplace! Also is that dippin dots with something in it at the baseball game?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your long weekend! It sounds like you definitely made the best of it! That backyard is absolutely amazing! I would seriously spend ALL my time out there if I could! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! :)
    http://hairandvibes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their backyard really is a dream space - so glad you had a fun weekend! That game sounded great too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm absolutely loving that backyard space that your friends have - swoon! Minor league games are so much fun to go to and I'm glad that y'all squeezed one into your long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a fun weekend, love the pit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great weekend! Baseball games are so fun and that backyard is just gorgeous! I love the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally sounds like the perfect weekend with a mix of busy and relaxed and a huge dose of family! I need one of those weekend's soon. Happy birthday to your brother!! And how fun there is a minor league baseball team so close that you can go see games!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous is Mike's cousin's backyard?! LOVE their outdoor fireplace! And yay for baseball, always a great idea this time of year. Cheers to a fabulous week gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like such a great weekend. what a great backyard!!
    Xoxo,

    Whitney & Blaire

    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  11. How flipping amazing is Mike's cousin's back yard?! That is stunning! I want an outdoor fire place soooo bad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun weekend! LOVE Mike's cousin's yard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun weekend!! That yard is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like it was a fun weekend. That backyard is absolutely gorgeous! Love the hanging lights!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun!! My hubs used to play softball...miss those days! Look at that backyard, AWESOME!! Happy short week girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That yard is absolutely gorgeous!! Glad you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yup! That backyard is amazing! I know a couple of people who share a birthday with a sibling, what a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun weekend! I am swooning over that dreamy backyard!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete