Thursday, May 26, 2016

Guys Behind The Blog: May

It's that time again! Mike once again so kindly agreed to answer some questions for the Guys Behind the Blog link-up. This month is all about would you rather. 

Q: Would you rather have to wear your swimsuit to work OR have to carry around a large beach umbrella open all day at work?
A: This is a no brainer. I wouldn't want to wear my swimsuit to the beach, so why would I wear it to work? I'll take the large beach umbrella all day every day.



Q: Would you rather play on an MLB team OR get to tour with your favorite band all summer?
A: Another no brainer! Once upon a time I was a pretty decent baseball player. I'm all about that baseball life. I watch almost all 162 Pirates games anyways, so why wouldn't I want to be in the clubhouse and play? Not to mention that at the peak of my career, I might actually have been able to go out on a mound and not look so out of place in the Bigs.

Musically? The height of my musical ability is figuring out how to play the opening piano part of Kanye West's "Runaway" on one of those kids' keyboards. Needless to say, I'm not very musically inclined. 

Answer: MLB all summer long in a landslide.


Q: Would you rather go to the beach and forget your towel OR go to the beach and forget your sunscreen?
A: Sunscreen? HA! Unlike my better half, I have no use for sunscreen. I know, I know, "harmful UV rays!" and all, but that Italian/Greek blood just tans. Once I get past an initial burn the first time my skin sees the sun after a stupid Canadian winter, it's all brown from there. Going to the beach without a towel though? That's insane. You'll get sand all over yourself and be dealing with that for days. No thanks.


Q: Would you rather take a week-long vacation to anywhere in the world OR take a month-long vacation but have to stay within 100 miles of home?
A: I figured out what's within a 100 mile radius from Hamilton, and let me tell you, aside from Toronto (which we totally take for granted), where would I want to spend an entire month of my life? Buffalo? (Sorry Buffalo, no offense. You're totally awesome, but just to shop every now and then and eat) Buffalo and Toronto. Really. That's it. Give me a week in blue heaven in beautiful Chapel Hill, NC and I'll deal with working the other 3 weeks.


Q: Would you rather get to have as much ice cream as you want this summer, but only be able to get vanilla OR only get to have ice cream three times this summer, but you can have whatever flavors you want?
A: I'll go with 3 ice cream trips but being able to get whatever I want when we go. I actually love vanilla ice cream, but we actually don't go get ice cream all that often. When we do go, I think I'd prefer to have the flexibility to indulge in some chocolate peanut butter or chocolate chip cookie dough. 



Do you agree with his answers? I agree with most but I definitely don't think I could go without sunscreen. My fair freckly skin would be crying the next day! 

Read more of Mike's thoughts here, hereherehereherehere, and hereLinking up with Betsy at Heavens to Betsy and Laura at According to Laura Jean. Thanks for reading!

13 comments:

  1. I'd burn so fast - just walking out of the car I'd be toast LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! His answers are hilarious!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny! Our blogger guys are just the best aren't they!?

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha love this! I'd have to disagree with the 3 ice cream trips! I'd rather go every day and get vanilla ;) <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how descriptive his answers are! Nate’s were very short this month. I’m with him on the bathing suit thing. And he and Nate are just alike in the tanning department. I burn and peel on repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so funny! I love reading these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike's answer for the first question totally reminds me of Brian's! Ha! This months questions were great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm dying over his answers haha! I love would you rather questions. I could never forget sunscreen, I'll burn surprisingly, I have some of my mother's fair skin in me.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how he gave reasons for all his choices! Though as a guy I'd choose the bathing suit no questions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'd go with the vanilla ice cream as much as I wanted! Thats my favorite flavor anyways, and I can always dress it up with jimmies and caramel sauce! yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I love that his answers were more than a sentence and I am totally with him. I'll take my towel because I am just going to get a slap on the wrist before turning BROWN, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These answers are awesome. Love this rational behind the towel vs sunscreen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could NOT go without sunscreen either but I agree with him on the towel... you would be finding sand for days! Really it's a lose lose situation!

    ReplyDelete