Monday, April 11, 2016

Tasty's Meatball Sub Bake

Our weekend was uneventful so we'll skip the full-fledged update. Highlights include washing couch slipcovers, creating my first ever iMovie, coffee double-date with friends, and more snow. Oh yes, it's still very much winter over here. Second week of April. I don't want to talk about it.

Anyway, I am sharing a new recipe today! Mike and I have been getting inspiration for new recipes from (where-else) the internet lately and one of our favourite sources is Buzzfeed's Tasty videos. They show their recipes in a cute little video and that really makes it look so easy. It somehow always gives us the confidence to try making whatever they're making ourselves. 


We recreated their meatball sub bake a few times now and each time it has turned out amazingly! Here's the recipe, broken down.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tube Pillsbury biscuits
  • 1 jar marinara sauce
  • meatballs
  • 2 cups mozzarella cheese
Directions:
  1. Cut biscuits into small pieces and place in single layer of greased baking dish
  2. Pour marinara sauce and stir to coat all biscuit pieces
  3. Place meatballs on top
  4. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top
  5. Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes

I use my mother-in-law's meatball recipe for the meatballs but the original recipe says you can use frozen ones. I'm sure it will turn out very good as well. This is a super filling meal that makes quite a bit so we like to make it when we have company over or need leftovers for the next day. 



Have you made a Tasty recipe? We have made a few others and all of them have turned out great! Let me know if you make this meatball sub bake!

25 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely amazing and oh so easy! Definitely making this for dinner on Friday since I'm going to be exhausted! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please!! Gary would devour this (As would I lol) xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love meatball subs! I've never looked at the Tasty recipes I'll check it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! This looks so good! All of those Tasty recipes look super easy and delicious, but I haven't tried one yet. I think I'll need to do that sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making something SO similar tonight- great minds think alike?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I might have to try this recipe out! At least one good thing about this prolonged winter is that we have a reason for comfort food still! BTW, it snowed in Virginia on Saturday and we are technically in the south!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so tasty and doesn't have too many ingredients. If I look at a recipe and it was more than 5 or 6 ingredients, I move on. I like simple and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy moly! I don't know if I should be happy or made that you showed me this recipe!!! Looks increeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh holy moly! This sounds divine! My mother-in-law actually made meatballs on Sunday and I was telling her that I think they're one of my favorite foods. Our kids love them, too, so I will definitely be trying this! Also, I want to hear more about this iMovie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM!!! This looks amazing! And I think I have all of these ingredients at home right now!! Making asap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks sooo good! I always have bad luck with biscuits actually cooking all the way through whenever I try to use them in a recipe so I'm glad this one actually worked- it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually haven't even seen this one. I like the Tasty recipes. Quick & easy. I might try this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks and sounds amazing, and I know it would be gobbled up in this house! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness would the men in my house be over the moon for this! Meatball heaven!! Looks so good!! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Meatballs are a total win in this house. This looks so good!

    Xoxo,

    Whitney & Blaire

    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man I love a simple, easy meal this and a salad would be perfect! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel you on the snow/winter weather. OVER IT. However, this sounds like a great dinner on a chilly night!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need that in my mouth NOW! Definitely making this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds easy and so good! I think even I could make it (and I can't make anything! lol). Definitely bookmarking this for later!
    PS I love how you added the 1/2/3/4 on top of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So I'm coming up to canada so you can make this for me :))))

    This looks delicious!!!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete