Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Easter Bunny Swung By Our House!

Guys. Can you believe that Easter is three days away? It feels SO early this year. We still have Valentine's chocolate laying around! And we're currently dealing with a freezing rain warning. 

We are still trying to decide if we will be traveling over the holidays, which would allow us to run away from the cold. Maybe North Carolina, maybe Philadelphia, maybe both, maybe neither. I'll let you know next week what we ended up deciding! It's so impromptu but I love that we are able to decide at the last minute. It comes down to our budget and how UNC does in the March Madness tournament. 

The sad part about not being around for Easter is missing out on celebrating with my little niece and nephew. I've said it before, but kids make the holidays so much more exciting! And just in case we will be away, we have prepared their little Easter gift baskets in advance. 


I mainly hit up the Target dollar spot and Dollarama for their goodies. Again this year I tried to stay away from too much candy and chocolate and focused more on toys and things they could use. My niece's goodies are on the left and my nephew's are on the right. 


My niece is a toddler so I was able to get things that she will be able to play with and use. In her basket are pencils, straws, sidewalk chalk, sunglasses, and a bracelet to name a few. My nephew is a couple years younger than her and in his basket I included more baby-appropriate items like a bib, bath toys, a little bow tie, and a board book.

In all honesty, I'm not the best at knowing what kids their age like playing with but I'm sure at least some of these things will be a hit! And worse case scenario, they can swap and share if they want to. 


The baskets are also from the dollar store and they will work great as crayon storage or little toy containers afterwards. I tried to stay away from Easter-specific baskets so that they could be reused and not thrown our right after. To make them more festive, I printed out their names on triangles to create a custom little flag banner!


Here's the basket we gave to my niece last year, before her brother made his entrance into the world. I think she really loved it!

I'm joining some fabulous blog ladies for the #easterbasket2016 link up! Can't wait to see what everyone else put together for their little ones! 


By the way, tomorrow is my one-year blogging anniversary! I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. Thank you to everyone who visits my little slice of the internet and especially those who take the time to comment. I am sending you very warm non-creepy virtual hugs right now! Xoxo

26 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love the idea that you got them things they can swap if they want to! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! And I'm sure the parents will love that it's actually useful goodies! Final 4 is down here in Houston- people are already so crazy for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy one year blogging anniversary! I love the baskets you created for your nephew and niece! That is so thoughtful. My daughter is five months old so I was thinking about skipping the Easter basket, but in the end I decided that I will pull one together. It won't be as cute as the ones you made though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet that you make baskets for your niece and nephew! And I think you did a great job picking things little kids would love! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great auntie! I love what you chose. I mean the Easter Bunny. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree that kids make the holiday's a bit more fun and you did such a great job with their easter baskets!! Yay for your one year blogging anniversary!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love getting easter baskets as a kid, right now I don't have any to give but by this time next year my best friend will have had her baby so I can give one to them then!! I live in NC and its supposed to be getting warmer today and hopefully staying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work!!! As a mama I appreciate you doing fun things rather than tons of CANDY! I hit up the Target dollar section for our kids' too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you make baskets for your niece and nephew! And such cute baskets they are with some fun contents (anything from the dollar spot is always a hit in our house)!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those lil baskets and happy Blogiversary. You rock, you pretty, wise and sweet woman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you do Easter baskets for your niece and nephew. My sister always gets an Easter basket for Mila and I think it's the sweetest thing. You really stocked up on some great things - they will surely love their baskets!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This are so cute and I know your niece and nephew are going to love them! I asked my dad what he was putting in my Easter basket and he said "your cell phone bill." I told him as long as it was paid for that was fine with me ;) I bought the little bow tie from the Target dollar section for my dog. It looks so cute on him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you make baskets for your niece and nephew! You are so sweet. I think you did a great job picking out goodies for their baskets. They are going to love them. They turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such adorable basket goodies! Love the garland on the baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so sweet that you make Easter baskets for your niece and nephew! You're such a sweet aunt! All of the things you put in there are just perfect. They are going to love them.

    Also, happy blogiversary! I'm so glad that we found each other! I really enjoy following along with you every day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The baskets turned out so cute-- love how you put everything together too with the little banners with their names!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a firm believer that kids always make holidays more special because they just light up with the magic of the whole holiday. Your niece and nephew are going to love the baskets and all of the awesome goodies you bought them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great Aunt! I always loved making easter baskets for my younger cousins when I was younger. Those banner names are a super cute idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww you are such a sweet auntie!! I love this! I hope you have a wonderful Easter no matter where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute baskets. You are so sweet for doing that. I can't believe that Easter is in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun are those baskets! I think the Dollar Spot was my best friend this Easter too - I feel like I've been collecting for months! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What lovely baskets, I bet they will love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are too cute! And I totally vote for running away from the cold for the weekend <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your did an excellent job choosing age-appropriate and fun items for your niece and nephew! And I love the baskets and name banners!

    ReplyDelete