Tuesday, March 1, 2016

FH Travels: North Carolina (December 2014) - Part One

A little while ago -- right after Christmas 2014, to be exact -- Mike and I got in our car and drove. Some eleven hours later, we found ourselves in beautiful North Carolina.


Unless you're new here, you know that Mike is the world's biggest UNC basketball fan and thus it has always been his dream to watch a game in Chapel Hill. It took him 28 years but he finally did it! So I thought in the spirit of March Madness right around the corner, I would recap our fun trip to the South. I have always wanted to post this trip on here to capture some of the memories and these days, our house is abuzz with college basketball talk. Fingers crossed for a good run this year!

We got to see two Tar Heels basketball games in the Smith Center during our stay. And they won both!!








We also took some time to explore the University of North Carolina campus. Since we were there over the Christmas break, there weren't too many people around but the campus was really nice and homey regardless. Of course, we visited the Old Well and the Bell Tower.








Mike even got to take a picture with a few of his favourite Tar Heels throughout our trip!




Chapel Hill is a very cute little college town filled with pretty Georgian architecture. Everything is centered around the university, down to the fire trucks!




So that was Chapel Hill in a nutshell. Tomorrow I will recap the rest of our trip where we explored a little more of North Carolina and even a little bit of South Carolina!

19 comments:

  1. That's quite the car ride - 11 hours wow!! Baby blue is still one of my favorite colors!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chapel Hill is such a cute town! It looks like you had a great trip (despite the long car ride (phew!). It's so neat that Mike's dream came true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chapel Hill is so cute! Looks like you guys had awesome seats at the game and even better that they won both games you went to! I hear there's some awesome food there too! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun and exciting you got to meet some of the players!!!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chapel Hill is SUCH a cute town! I love when I have to go there for work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should definitely take a trip there one day soon! I love visiting college towns haha they always have good cheap food =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so exciting that y'all got to go to a few games of your husband's favorite team! I absolutely love college towns, especially since I attended school at one, and always love visiting them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a supportive wife!! Next time you'll just have to go a few hours farther and visit me in South Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's no place like Blue Heaven! I've been going to UNC football and basketball games since I was little and I still get excited every time I go to Chapel Hill. My sister went to Carolina and my family has been UNC fans forever. Chapel Hill is a special place! I'm hoping our Heels get to keep on playing for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you're recapping past travels... I'm getting ready to start doing that this month as well. Hubs and I have gone to so many wonderful places over the years and I want to document them all on my blog so we have something to look back on forever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How much fun! That'll be a trip he'll always remember <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chapel Hill looks like a cute place to visit. So is your husband from NC?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures! What a fun trip for the two of you to take together!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ra ra ra tar heels! We lived in North Carolina for bit I think. It's a beautiful state and I'd love to live there again.

    I love that you took such a spontaneous trip and such fun too.

    Love the part about the fire trucks too! I think we need that in our city ;)

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun you were able to go to that basketball game! I love that the fire trucks and department are in the spirit too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww it looks like you guys had a wonderful trip there! What a cool dream come true for your husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like such a fun trip - your husband looks like he's having the very best time in all your pictures! Chapel Hill looks like such a cute town! I'm absolutely dying to make a trip down to North Carolina for a visit! Can't wait to hear more about your North & South Carolina adventures!

    xx, Caitlin
    www.wandererandwolf.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Work has consumed my life. I need to slow down...how did I not know you were in my area?! I'm about a 25 minute drive from this very place! I'm SO glad you guys got to make it down here for a couple of games! How sweet for your husband?! Next time you're in town, if you've got the time to grab lunch, hit me up on twitter! Can't wait to catch up on your adventures in SC! xx

    ReplyDelete