Thursday, January 28, 2016

Guys Behind The Blog: January

Hey guys, it's that time of the month where I hand the reins over to Mike for a little Q&A. This time, we are talking "currently" and I think you might notice a theme in his answers. Let me know in the comments if you can guess what it is! LOL!

In case you aren't familiar with Guys behind The Blog, it is a monthly link-up hosted by Betsy at Heavens to Betsy and Laura at According to Laura Jean. It spotlights the amazing men in our lives by asking them a few light-hearted questions. I always love hearing from the guys!
And without further ado...

Watching
College basketball, and lots of it. It's the time of year where my schedule - and let's be honest - my life revolves around North Carolina basketball. That's not too different from the rest of the year really, but at least there are real games happening now. I make sure time is blocked off to watch every Carolina game, but knowing the enemy is also important too, so when there's free time I watch whatever teams are close to Carolina in the polls, and other ACC games. And I just know Evelina just loves all the basketball on our TV! (eye roll emoji)

(UNC basketball game, Chapel Hill, NC - December 2014)

When I'm not tied up with basketball, we are watching Gossip Girl. I don't know why, but I love shows and movies that are set in High Schools. I also love seeing all the spots that we visited in New York.

Reading
I'm not really a big reader. I read a lot of news articles online, but I just don't really have the time or the patience to sit down and read a book. The last book I read was Pedro Martinez's autobiography. I've had every intention of reading Dean Smith's book and Roy Williams's book, but again, I just haven't been able to make time for it.

Listening to
The radio. All of my favourite artists seem to be on a hiatus from making new music, which has been quite disappointing. Kanye West has a new album coming on February 11th, so I'm pretty excited for that. Lately I've just been listening to the radio, with Sirius Fly (90s/2000s Rap and R&B), Lithium (90s Rock) and the decades channels (especially 90s on 9) getting the most play.

Dreaming of
Summer. I miss the warm weather, the sun being out until 9, playing softball, and wearing shorts and sneakers. It can't come soon enough.

(Szczecin, Poland - July 2014)

Eating
Pizza is always my go to, but right now I have a serious fried chicken craving. We have KFC and Popeyes, but I have a feeling like our Popeyes locations might not be as good as American ones. I've had a serious craving for Bojangles which hasn't left since we were in North Carolina a year ago, and I've yet to find anything that's anything close. There's a new place in town that is supposed to be good, so we'll have to give that a shot.

Learning

How to show restraint. I'm definitely more of a shopper than Evelina. Unfortunately, right now the Canadian dollar has taken a bit of a nose dive. An American dollar is worth about $1.40 Canadian. A few years ago they were equal, with the Canadian dollar actually worth more for a bit. Since my salary hasn't gone up 40% at the same time (would be nice to get a 40% raise though, wouldn't it?), it makes ordering online quite a bit more expensive. If I don't reaaaaaaaaaaaally want it, I've got to pass. It's been tough, but I'm learning to deal with it.

Wishing

For a Carolina National Championship this April. 

Obsessed with
Carolina basketball. I've detailed this at length numerous times. I am completely in my element right now at this time of year!

Loving
Life. It's human nature to complain, and believe me, I can complain a lot, but when I take a step back to reflect on things, I have a lot to be grateful for. I have an amazing  wife, a stress free job, a loving family that is close by, and terrific friends. When the biggest stressor in my life is whether or not Carolina will win their next basketball game, I have a lot to feel fortunate about.

Planning
Trips trips trips. We are for sure going to Poland this summer, and while we don't have any cross-border road trips set in stone, there are a few situations I'm keeping my eye on. Let's just say that North Carolina, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Texas(!!!) are all in play as potential impromptu trip destinations. I'm sure Evelina will keep you posted :)

9 comments:

  1. I love that he really answered the questions/prompts! And isn't it crazy how bad the Canadian dollar is now! I have lots of family there so we are often following along. My brother right now works in New York State but lives in Canada so he feels like he's making even more ;). And I love that your husband watches gossip girl! My husbands favorite show used to be the OC... I think they'd get along well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to join in on this series and get Andrew on here! Bojangles does have the best fried chicken, yum! I love that he loves shopping as much as I do! Too funny. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, seriously, Mike is amazing with his answers! I did notice a theme. First I thought it was basketball/sports but now I see it's more North Carolina :) But still, so cute! I LOVE his detailed answers! And am excited for all the trips you're potentially taking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike's answers and mine are similar! I'm wishing for a championship too. I've read Dean's and Roy's books and I recommend them both. Dean Smith's book came out when I was in the 3rd grade and he did a book signing in Raleigh (where I live now, 1.5 west of my hometown) and my parents let my sisters & I miss school to go. We got to meet him, get our picture made with him, and he signed our books. It's one of my favorite memories and I'm so glad I got to meet a legend. I've met Roy too and he's very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet is Mike, complimenting you and family :) I really like high school movies too, but hated actually being in high school, isn't that weird? And lesson learned about Canadian dollar to US dollar. Im so bad at that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm missing summer too!! Sounds like lots of fun trips planned!! Cant wait to hear more! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summertime really is the best time, the outdoor living, the sun not setting until late, warm breezes... perfection. Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. XOXO gossip girl!!

    I'm so unfamiliar with North Carolina teams except the tar heels. What is the basketball mascot?

    I agree with Mike on reading, I want to read, but I never have the time for it. Although I could wait for summer it gets sooo gross here. I think I need to go out with y'all, pizza and fried chicken sounds soooo good.

    That's great that Mike has showed restraint for shopping, but definitely check out ebates and see if it's valid for Canada, I don't see why would it wouldn't be.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does he like basketball? :) That's so funny he mentioned KFC because just last night my husband was DYING for us to get KFC for dinner!

    ReplyDelete