Wednesday, January 20, 2016

FH Travels: NYC (December 2015) - Part Two

On Monday, I recapped part one of our week-long trip to NYC, which started in Brooklyn. Today, I will continue, but we are going to shift ourselves to Manhattan. Uptown, to be exact.

Last time we visited New York, it was the hottest week ever and we tried to spend as much time as possible in air conditioning. And so we didn't give Central Park the time it deserved. This trip, we were blessed with beautiful mild temperatures (when we booked the trip, I was worried about below freezing temps and snow up to my knees!) We got a perfectly sunny, warm-for-December day to explore Central Park. We walked around, people watched from a bench in The Mall, and ate roasted peanuts by Bethesda Fountain. It was a perfect day.


 

 

 


I really love Central Park and the area around it. We also spent some time walking around the Upper East Side, munching on delicious macaroons while admiring museums and gorgeous highbrow townhouses.




We kept our eyes peeled for Blair Waldorf and Chuck Bass but I am sad to report we saw zero famous people (real or fictional) all week. Actually, Mike would not agree with that statement. If you read Part One, you know we bumped into some pretty important UNC people.

To close out our adventure in Uptown, we went to a bar on the Upper West Side for trivia night and WON! We named ourselves Team Canada, in case we didn't seem touristy enough with our map and camera.

Since there are already a ton of photos in this post, I will stop here and next time I'll chat about Downtown and Midtown. There is just so much to do in New York that's impossible to capture it all in one sitting and I so love looking back at these posts to relive our favourite vacations.

Thanks for reading!

17 comments:

  1. Great pics! I've only been to NYC once and am dying to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun trip! I've been to NYC twice, both were during the heat of summer where it was crazy hot and once was for a work trip so I really need to go back sometime! Glad you guys got to enjoy your trip! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those macaroons look amazing and I'm sure they tasted delicious!! Central Park is always so much fun!! This makes me want to go back to NY! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious that you won! Hope no regulars were mad at you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only been to NY in the summertime but your pictures are making me want to visit in the winter! And, those macaroons? Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I would love to get back to NY soon!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics! We went to NYC a couple months ago - and you're right, there's so much to capture, especially if you stop by multiple areas. I loved the West Village the most, but also really enjoyed Central Park.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been to NYC a few times, but never at Christmas. I want to go and see the Rockettes and the city all nice and decorated. Love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love New York! Fun to relive memories of being there through your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another round of great photos! I can't wait to see the next installment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love NYC! Yay for unseasonably warm weather which is great for exploring more outside. And those macaroons look DELISH <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you skate on the ice rink??? I see it in so many movies but have no idea how it really is.

    And I've only seen the upper east side from Gossip Girl haha. That townhouse looks gorgeous. So I have no idea if that's what it really looks like or not, but still xoxo gossip girl haha.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am SO jealous of your trip!!!! Those townhouses are so gorgeous!!! I have always wanted to go to New York, one day, right?! haha I love being a tourist! And being from Canada makes you a legit/ cooler tourist vs me, a tourist from the US haha Love your cute scarf, too! And I saw your snap chat of your house and pretty much you need to come decorate mine please :)
    xo Candace

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are some great pictures! NYC is always so fun to visit, so much to do and see! Love that you had your eyes peeled for Blair and Chuck!! Haha LOVE Gossip Girl!

    Xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  15. Central Park and those macarons would be the highlight for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this!!! We went to NYC for like a couple days and didn't even go to Central Park! It looks HUGE though and I just want to grab a coffee and stroll through. I bet it was wonderful during Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had no idea there was a Laduree in New York! DANGER! DANGER!

    ReplyDelete