Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Anniversary Photos

Our third wedding anniversary was earlier this month and it was so nice to celebrate that special day we got married. I look forward to it so much every year. I already talked about how we prefer to travel instead of doing gifts, but we have another little tradition that I want to share.


Every year we take a picture of ourselves on August 4th and hang it on our anniversary photo wall. Not gonna lie, it's usually a selfie. Does this idea sound familiar? I'm pretty sure it has been all over pinterest so I am definitely not seeking originality points. But I love the idea of having a bunch up there together to show how we are changing as a couple.

They are hanging on a skinny wall in our living room and it is getting a bit crowded already. Maybe one more and this little collection will have to get moved elsewhere. Most frames in our house are white but here I used a few different kinds in generally the same size to add some interest.


The first picture is one of my favourite wedding photos of us to commemorate Year 0. The second one down is from our first anniversary when we visited Niagara Falls. On our second anniversary, we drove to Cleveland and this year we went to Cincinnati and Louisville.


I try to have the focus more on us rather than the background so with this year's photo, I had to do some editing. I took out some of the background clutter and brightened the whole photo. Here is the before:


And here is the after:


I think next year we might to have to switch sides and maybe pan out a bit to mix things up, haha!

Do you have any special anniversary traditions? Holla if you're an August couple!

7 comments:

  1. Aww such a cute idea, I love it! And yup, you're going to need a bigger wall!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! This is such a fun idea! Our third is coming up next month too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this idea!! this is so wonderful- you guys are a gorgeous couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. US TOO!!! I love your tradition so much, great way to document the changes in yourself both physically and emotionally. I say just keep pushing those photos up ';)

    No don't switch sides, I like that :) Kyle and I do it too, we keep the same sides and positions. It's going to suck when Sophie starts standing, Kyle's so tall as it is, we'll have to take the photo much farther away as she gets older.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have not been doing this, but I think have pictures on my computer from every year, so I might try it! We try to do buy or do something that is related to the traditional anniversary gifts, but we don't always remember to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I LOVE this idea!! I wish we would have thought of it from the beginning!! Can you imagine what our photos would have looked like 7+ years ago?! Babies, ha ha! I hope you keep this up FOREVER!
    Also, happy belated anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH a cute tradition!!! I don't know where I've been but I've never seen this on Pinterest! But I might be stealing from you :) Though this year is #5 so I guess I'll have to pull out some old photos and hang them up!

    ReplyDelete