Monday, July 6, 2015

FH Travels: Pittsburgh (July 2015)

I hope everyone living in the States had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! Mike and I have always wanted to be in America for this holiday and this year we did! We made the 4 hour drive to Pittsburgh for the weekend.  I love how this holiday is such a big deal in the States. Everyone is so patriotic and passionate about their country. There was such an exciting buzz everywhere we went and pretty much everything was red, white and blue!


I took Thursday and Friday off so that I could have an extra long weekend. We hit the road on Friday morning and made stops in Erie for lunch and Grove City for a little shopping.

On Saturday I was really hoping to have crepes at Crepe Parisienne but sadly it was closed. Hopefully we will be able to go next time we are in town. Instead, we went to The Bagel Factory nearby and it was delicious!


We celebrated with America's favourite pastime, a baseball game! The Pirates played a great game and won against the Cleveland Indians.




Then it was fireworks time. I was so excited to see 4th of July fireworks in the States. I feel like the States do these things a little bit better and grander than we do here in Canada. We debated whether to stay downtown for the big show or do a more community-feel evening. Because we had a ton of time before sundown, we decided to drive to Zelienople where our hotel recommended for a nice community park concert and fireworks show. And it did not disappoint! It was very family-oriented, cute, and perfect.



And the fireworks themselves were phenomenal! I took tons of photos but none of them do them justice and I don't know how do insert a video. Plus I'm sure you have enough pics and videos on your social media feeds!

I can't wait to hear how you all spent this holiday!

~
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun! I mostly spent my holiday at home; my husband works almost every holiday because he is in upper management for one of the large retail chains. But it is nice to avoid some of the holiday crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun you guys were able to spend this holiday here - it's such a fun one to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun you guys were able to spend the day in the US! And go to a baseball game and see fireworks! You did it all :) You had a fun weekend celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that breakfast looks amazing. Too bad I've never made a breakfast that looks that good in my entire life. Love the blog!

    Kaylee
    Adventures in Everyday Life

    ReplyDelete