Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Wreath

Despite the less-than-desirable snowfall we had last week, my calendar tells me spring is officially here. There may still be a tiny bit of snow on the ground and the temps hover around the freezing mark, but the days are longer and warmer! To celebrate, I have hung my spring(ish) wreath on our door.


I made this wreath a couple years ago with a grapevine wreath from Michaels, artificial flowers from the dollar store and some raffia. I was inspired by this Pinterest picture, along with this one, this one, and this one


I cut the sprigs of flowers up into shorter individual stems and stuck them into the grapevine. Turns out they held so well that gluing them was not necessary. 



After fussing with it for about 5 minutes, I was happy with the arrangement and called it a day. I tied the raffia in a bow and attached it with some floral wire. 


To be honest, I usually leave this wreath up until September, when my fall wreath takes over. I haven't come up with a cute enough door decoration idea for the summer months so it stays.


Please disregard our actual door. I'm pretty sure it has not been painted since the house was built tenish years ago. It's on the list of things to do this spring/summer. Unfortunately due to condo rules, we are unable to paint our front door any colour we want. It must remain this bland shade of greige to match all the other townhouses in our survey. Lame sauce. But at least I can hang this up for a little happiness to greet me after work everyday! 

8 comments:

  1. Snow!! Crazy! I could go for a snowy day right about now... I'm afraid it never cools down in Arizona, ha ha!
    LOVE your wreath! So simple but so beautiful! You did such a good job! My kind of DIY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this same wreath on my door but it is looking a very sad case of NEGLECTED! The burlap bow I have on it is absolutely pitiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a great job! I love the pastel colored roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and the rustic look! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wreath is so beautiful! You did such a great job! I really love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful!!! You did well, girlfriend! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this post is about your wreath (which is gorgeous) but I cannot obsessing over your brick!

    Canon T5i | Nikon D5200 Giveaway

    Aspen Kelty Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that wreath! I was looking at spring wreaths this week and looking forward to having a home again so I can hang one! It's the little things. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete